The IACIS Computer Forensics: Real World (Formerly Applied Computer Forensics (ACF)) course is a 36-hour course of instruction taking students through a realistic case scenario built on the Windows 10 Operating System. This class uses the latest versions of the major and emerging forensic tools on the market, to look at different artifacts and lets you determine the strengths and weaknesses of each tool. The class is led by users of the tools (rather than vendor trainers) and examines a real world type case giving students the opportunity to evaluate the software in a unique open and honest environment.
This class is ideal for digital forensic examiners who are looking for a new tool or tools to add to their tool box. It’s also gives you a refresher on artifacts and how they may have changed since doing your BCFE and provides you an environment to swap war stories with others in the field on how using these tools have helped solved real life cases.
Here’s what previous students have said about the course:
- ‘Great course! Help me get exposure to the different tools and the current tool state’
- ‘I enjoyed the class and feel the most relevant artifacts were focused on’
- ‘Was a great class, it was exactly what I expected, and was nice to get keyboard time with a variety of tools’
- ‘Great team of instructors. Very enjoyable class. Networking, class participation, and dialog with peers was very beneficial’
- ‘Great Class – Great Instructors – would definitely recommend this class to any forensic examiner – who is always looking to continue to learn and improve’
This class is the ideal next step for those that have just completed their CFCE and those working in small digital forensic labs.
A list of the core competencies for this course can be found HERE.
PREREQUISITE: Basic Computer Forensic Examiner [BCFE] course AND completion of the Certified Forensic Computer Examiner [CFCE] certification are highly recommended, but not required.
WHEN: 2021 Dates Coming Soon
COST: $1,495 US Dollars
The 2020 course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel is close to the Orlando International Airport, has a large pool, spacious workout facility and is very close to Disney World and Universal Studios.
If IACIS is unable to hold their 2021 Orlando training event, then all students who have registered and paid, will have the option of a full refund or a reserved seat at the 2022 training event. IACIS is not responsible for any outside expenses (e.g. travel and accommodation) in the event of the training event being cancelled. Anyone who paid for training will receive complementary membership through the year that their training takes place.