The IACIS Applied Computer Forensics (ACF) course is a 36-hour course of instruction taking students through a realistic case scenario built on the Windows 10 Operating System. The course starts with the planning of an exam based on a realistic scenario and then performing the forensic analysis using full forensic suites to extract the evidentiary data. At the conclusion of the course, reports are prepared with each tool based on the findings. The ACF class can almost be considered the next logical step for examiners after taking the BCFE course and obtaining the CFCE since the low level artifact knowledge gained in the basic class is applied using current forensic tools.
The most current, full forensic suites, such as Encase, Forensic Toolkit and X-Ways Forensics, are demonstrated and will be compared to each other for a number of artifacts showing the strengths and weaknesses of each tool. The entire week of the class is hands-on with instructor-led practical exercises using each of the forensic suites.
In addition to the forensic suites, “third party” tool options will be demonstrated to show information major suites do not provide for specific artifacts. In the majority of the instances, the third party software demonstrated and used is free and gives the examiner another tool to help obtain the desired result. By doing this, the class shows how the “toolbox” approach is needed by demonstrating how multiple tools can be used for each exam.
Through the tool comparisons, students will become more prepared to choose the most suitable tool for the examination task that needs to be performed.
PREREQUISITE: Basic Computer Forensic Examiner [BCFE] course AND completion of the Certified Forensic Computer Examiner [CFCE] certification are highly recommended, but not required.
Registration is Now Open!(Limited to 15 Students)
WHEN: April 29 – May 3, 2019
Existing IACIS members simply log in with your credentials and go to the products page to purchase and register for the course.
For non-IACIS members, the membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however, to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase.
Apply for membership and purchase the course on the PRODUCTS PAGE.
COST: $1,495 US Dollars
- Cancellation of this class may occur if there are insufficient students registered. In the event of a cancellation, personnel will typically be notified by email within 48 hours of the registration closure date. IACIS is not responsible for any individual expenses incurred as a result of a cancellation. The limit of IACIS financial liability is a full refund of the course fee.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (email@example.com). Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 30 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Sunday, April 28, 2019 : 1800 – 2100
Monday, April 29, 2019: 0700 – 0800
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class promptly the first day.
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks).The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
The 2019 course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel has much more conference space than our previous hotel. Additionally, it’s closer to the Orlando International Airport, has a much larger pool, spacious workout facility and is very close to Disney World and Universal Studios.
You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.
Rates are valid for the following dates: 4/19/19 thru 5/16/19
Caribe Royale Hotel is offering a special group rate of $121/night(US Government Rate)
Last day to book at the special group rate: 4/19/19