The IACIS DEPICT (Digital Evidence for Prosecuting & Investigating Criminal Trials) course is a 36-hour class made for attorneys that deal with computer forensics in criminal cases. This class will give attorneys an understanding of computer forensics and how to properly introduce and admit electronic evidence at trial. Students will have a practical scenario that will cover the entire case, from the initial police call all the way to the jury verdict. Students will develop skills for introducing electronic evidence, conducting voir dire, examining witnesses, providing jury instructions, and more. This class will also discuss the dangers of substance abuse, racial biases, and ethical competency issues surrounding electronic evidence.
This class will cover evidence recovered from computers and mobile devices. No previous knowledge of computer forensics is expected.
Throughout the week students will cover the following topics: (Click to View Schedule)
- Case Studies
- Electronic Evidence locations and collection
- Triaging and managing cases
- Managing E-Data
- Case Law
- Trial Preparation
- Suspect, witness and victim communication
- Law and Motion
- Trial flow, preparation and strategy
- Eliminating Bias
- Ethical Competency
WHEN: May 01-05, 2023
Existing IACIS members: Log in with your credentials and go to the Products page to purchase and register for the course.
Non-IACIS members: Membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however, to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase. Purchase training course HERE.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 31 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Sunday, April 30, 2023: 1800 – 2100
Monday, May 01, 2023: 0700 – 0800
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class promptly the first day.
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one-hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks). The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
The course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel is 16 miles from the Orlando International Airport, it has a large pool, spacious workout facility and is close to Disney World and Universal Studios.
Book via the Caribe Royale Hotel site here.
Or book via phone by calling the following numbers:
Reservations Toll Free: 1-800-823-8300/1-888-258-7501 or our local number 407-238-8000.
If IACIS is unable to hold their 2023 Orlando training event, then all students who have registered and paid, will have the option of a full refund or a reserved seat at the 2024 training event. IACIS is not responsible for any outside expenses (e.g. travel and accommodation) in the event of the training event being cancelled. Anyone who paid for training will receive complimentary membership through the year that his/her training takes place.