Who Is It For: Employees of any agency that currently have or will soon have duties to collect evidence from DVRs, CCTV systems, body worn videos, etc., forensic video analysis and Digital Multimedia Evidence (DME) processing.
Course Overview: First responders (Crime Scene Personnel, Fire Investigators, Detectives, and Police Officers) are often tasked with recovering and disseminating digital multimedia evidence without having a proper background or training. Those collecting evidence need a fundamental understanding of how to recover evidence properly and need to be aware of the issues faced when using digital video in investigations. The course is a mixture of lecture and hands on with many practical exercises with equipment likely to be encountered in the field using tools currently available. In Level 1, students will obtain the skills and knowledge needed to properly acquire DME, glean information from the video evidence, and accurately distribute the information obtained. This class also prepares those who will go on to seek certifications related to the analysis of digital multimedia evidence.
NOTE: Course tests are administered on the final day of class.
- – Best Practices for recovery of Digital Multimedia Methods
- – Legal issues related to DME
- – Video Compression theory
- – Aspect ratios issues
- – Proper procedure in creating images for wide spread use
- – Report writing procedures and protocols
- – The roles of technicians and analysts
- – Introduction to analysis
- – The scientific method
Student knowledge retention and hands-on competence will be tested through written, oral and practical examinations. Students will leave this course with a defined skillset and newfound confidence when handling digital multimedia evidence.
Duration: 5 days. Students must attend all days to get full credit.
Equipment: LEVA provides laptops with necessary software. Students are encouraged to bring a device to take notes and access PDF file handouts that will be emailed before class.
Maximum Number Students: 22
WHEN: May 3-7, 2021
COST: $1,495 US Dollars
Cancellation of this class may occur if there are insufficient students registered. In the event of a cancellation, personnel will typically be notified by email within 48 hours of the registration closure date. IACIS is not responsible for any individual expenses incurred as a result of a cancellation. The limit of IACIS financial liability is a full refund of the course fee.
Existing IACIS members simply log in with your credentials and go to the Products page to purchase and register for the course.
For non-IACIS members, the membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however, to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase. Purchase training course HERE.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 31 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Sunday, May 2, 2021 : 1800 – 2100
Monday, May 3, 2021: 0700 – 0800
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class promptly the first day.
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks).The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
The 2021 course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel is close to the Orlando International Airport, has a large pool, spacious workout facility and is very close to Disney World and Universal Studios.
BOOK HERE or via phone by calling the following numbers:
Reservations Toll Free: 1-800-823-8300 or our local number 407-238-8000.
Availability to book your stay is from 4/17/20 until 4/16/2021.
Dates of stay the rates are good for are: 4/16/2021 until 5/12/2021.
If IACIS is unable to hold their 2021 Orlando training event, then all students who have registered and paid, will have the option of a full refund or a reserved seat at the 2022 training event. IACIS is not responsible for any outside expenses (e.g. travel and accommodation) in the event of the training event being cancelled. Anyone who paid for training will receive complimentary membership through the year that his/her training takes place.