This course shows you how recovering surveillance video from digital video recorders (DVRs) is often very different than traditional computer forensics examinations.
Jimmy Schroering from DME Forensics developed this course to provide training specifically for digital forensic examiners in the proper acquisition and recovery of surveillance video from DVRs. While these devices store data on hard drives just like you would encounter in a traditional computer forensics examination, the internals of how these systems organize and store data is often very different. Treating these cases like a typical computer forensics examination can often result in missed or the improper recovery of data.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- DVR recovery challenges, options, and best practices, including hands-on experience with a DVR.
- Write protection & forensic imaging as it applies to DVRs.
- Using DVR Examiner to automatically recover data from supported system (including User Certification upon successful completion of the course).
- Forensic video analysis basics, including aspect ratio adjustment, how video/image compression works, etc.
- DVR filesystem analysis best practices, including metadata identification.
- Advanced analysis case studies to demonstrate possibilities pertaining to causality examinations, filesystem analysis, log analysis and date/time analysis.
- Best practices and tips for further analysis after recovery.
Registration is Now Open!(Limited to 20 Students/class each week)
Week 1: April 29 – May 3, 2019
Week 2: May 6 – May 10, 2019
Existing IACIS members simply log in with your credentials and go to the products page to purchase and register for the course.
For non-IACIS members, the membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however, to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase.
Apply for membership and purchase the course on the PRODUCTS PAGE.
COST: $1,495 US Dollars
- Cancellation of this class may occur if there are insufficient students registered. In the event of a cancellation, personnel will typically be notified by email within 48 hours of the registration closure date. IACIS is not responsible for any individual expenses incurred as a result of a cancellation. The limit of IACIS financial liability is a full refund of the course fee.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (firstname.lastname@example.org). Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 30 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Week 1: Sunday, April 28, 2019 : 1800 – 2100
Monday, April 29, 2019: 0700 – 0800
Week 2: Sunday, May 5, 2019 : 1800 – 2100
Monday, May 6, 2019: 0700 – 0800
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class promptly the first day.
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks).The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
The 2019 course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel has much more conference space than our previous hotel. Additionally, it’s closer to the Orlando International Airport, has a much larger pool, spacious workout facility and is very close to Disney World and Universal Studios.
You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.
Rates are valid for the following dates: 4/19/19 thru 5/16/19
Caribe Royale Hotel is offering a special group rate of $121/night(US Government Rate)
Last day to book at the special group rate: 4/19/19