The IACIS Computer Forensics: Real World (Formerly Applied Computer Forensics (ACF)) course is a 36-hour course of instruction taking students through a realistic case scenario built on the Windows 10 Operating System. This class uses the latest versions of the major and emerging forensic tools on the market, to look at different artifacts and lets you determine the strengths and weaknesses of each tool. The class is led by users of the tools (rather than vendor trainers) and examines a real world type case giving students the opportunity to evaluate the software in a unique open and honest environment.
This class is ideal for digital forensic examiners who are looking for a new tool or tools to add to their tool box. It’s also gives you a refresher on artifacts and how they may have changed since doing your BCFE and provides you an environment to swap war stories with others in the field on how using these tools have helped solved real life cases.
Here’s what previous students have said about the course:
- ‘Great course! Help me get exposure to the different tools and the current tool state’
- ‘I enjoyed the class and feel the most relevant artifacts were focused on’
- ‘Was a great class, it was exactly what I expected, and was nice to get keyboard time with a variety of tools’
- ‘Great team of instructors. Very enjoyable class. Networking, class participation, and dialog with peers was very beneficial’
- ‘Great Class – Great Instructors – would definitely recommend this class to any forensic examiner – who is always looking to continue to learn and improve’
This class is the ideal next step for those that have just completed their CFCE and those working in small digital forensic labs.
A list of the core competencies for this course can be found HERE.
WHEN: April 29 – May 3, 2024
COST: $2,495.00 US Dollars
Classroom laptops will be given to the students to take home and keep.
Existing IACIS members: Log in with your credentials and go to the Products page to purchase and register for the course.
Non-IACIS members: Membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however, to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase. Purchase training course HERE.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 31 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Sunday, April 28 2024: 1800 – 2100
Monday, April 29, 2024: 0700 – 0800
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class promptly the first day.
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one-hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks). The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
The course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel is 16 miles from the Orlando International Airport, it has a large pool, spacious workout facility and is close to Disney World and Universal Studios.
***Please note: Book Early! Availability at the Caribe Royale may sell out as it gets closer to the event so it is recommended that students book rooms with the Caribe Royale as early as possible to avoid having to stay off site. Booking may be done via this Caribe Royale Hotel link here. As a reminder, if the student is not a Caribe Royale Hotel guest, there is a daily parking fee. Parking is NOT included unless you are staying onsite at the hotel property. All non-hotel students will be responsible for associated parking fees.
You may also book via phone by calling the following numbers:
Reservations Toll Free: 1-800-823-8300/1-888-258-7501 or using the local number 407-238-8000.
If IACIS is unable to hold their 2024 Orlando training event, then all students who have registered and paid, will have the option of a full refund or a reserved seat at the 2025 training event. IACIS is not responsible for any outside expenses (e.g. travel and accommodation) in the event of the training event being cancelled. Anyone who paid for training will receive complimentary membership through the year that his/her training takes place.