The IACIS “Preparing for Lab Accreditation” (PLA) is a four-day course of instruction. This course is designed for examiners, supervisors, managers, and executives that have the responsibility to develop and implement policies and procedures within a digital forensic unit or laboratory in their efforts to obtain accreditation.
This course of instruction is designed to provide guidance on how any digital evidence lab can earn accreditation by understanding and implementing the accreditation requirements. Topics include an overview of the accreditation schema and benefits of achieving accreditation, how to implement a Quality Management System that is in compliance with ISO 17025/17020, developing laboratory SOPs and other related documentation, and understanding Validation\Verification for equipment, methods and software as it relates to digital evidence.
Throughout this four-day course, topics will include: class syllabus
- Understanding accreditation Certification vs. Accreditation
- Understanding ISO 17025/17020
- Accredited Bodies
- Small Lab Challenges
WHEN: April 24-27, 2023
COST: $750.00 US Dollars
No additional equipment is provided in this class
Registration for this course is closed.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 31 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Sunday, April 23, 2023: 1800 – 2100
Monday, April 24, 2023: 0700 – 0800
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class promptly the first day.
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one-hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks). The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
The course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel is 16 miles from the Orlando International Airport, it has a large pool, spacious workout facility and is close to Disney World and Universal Studios.
Due to an unprecedented situation with Caribe Royale, the hotel is completely booked for week one of the 2023 IACIS Training event.
IACIS is currently working with Orlando Marriott to determine if we can use it as overflow, but at the time of this writing we have no information on what they have available or if they will honor GSA rates. We will update this site as new information become available.
|Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South||1(407)597-4000|
|Orlando Marriott World Center||1(407)239-4200|
|Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center||1(407)586-0000|
|Walt Disney World Swan||1(407)934-3000|
|Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort||1(407)934-4000|
Also, if you are government employee you may be able to use FedRooms.com to find GSA rate lodging in the area.
Please note: Availability at the Caribe Royale may change as time gets closer to the event so it is recommended that you check with the Caribe Royale often by using booking via this Caribe Royale Hotel link here. As a reminder, if you are not a Caribe Royale Hotel guest and require daily parking on hotel property during the event you will be responsible for all associated parking fees.
Or book via phone by calling the following numbers:
Reservations Toll Free: 1-800-823-8300/1-888-258-7501 or our local number 407-238-8000.
If IACIS is unable to hold their 2023 Orlando training event, then all students who have registered and paid, will have the option of a full refund or a reserved seat at the 2024 training event. IACIS is not responsible for any outside expenses (e.g. travel and accommodation) in the event of the training event being cancelled. Anyone who paid for training will receive complimentary membership through the year that his/her training takes place.