The IACIS “Preparing for Lab Accreditation”(PLA) is a three day course of instruction. This course is designed for examiners, supervisors, managers, and executives that have the responsibility to develop and implement policies and procedures within a digital forensic unit or laboratory in their efforts to obtain accreditation.
This course of instruction is designed to provide guidance on how any digital evidence lab can earn accreditation by understanding and implementing the accreditation requirements. Topics include an overview of the accreditation schema and benefits of achieving accreditation, how to implement a Quality Management System that is in compliance with ISO 17025/17020, developing laboratory SOPs and other related documentation, and understanding Validation\Verification for equipment, methods and software as it relates to digital evidence.
Topics include, but not limited to:
I. Understanding accreditation Certification vs. Accreditation
- Certification vs. Accreditation
- Benefits of accreditation
- What standards must be met to earn accreditation
II. Understanding ISO 17025/17020
- Uniqueness of Digital Evidence
III. Accredited Bodies
- Supplemental Requirements
IV. Quality Management System
- How all the pieces fit together
- Policies and Procedures
- International Standards
- Supplemental Requirements of Accreditation Bodies
- Quality Manual Development
- Technical Manual (i.e., SOPs defining Technical Methods)
- Operations Manual (e.g., evidence management/equipment management)
- Training Manual
- People (Training, mentoring, and establishing technical competency)
- Training Programs
- Facility Design and Security
- Forensic Hardware and Software
- Performance measures
- Internal Audits and Corrective Action
- Training Evaluation
- Outcomes of proficiency testing
- Customer feedback
- Policies and Procedures
V. Small Lab Challenges
- Peer Review
- Job Responsibilities
- Laboratory Methods
***Additionally, for those taking this course, we now offer the two-dayManaging a Digital Forensics Lab (MDFL)course once each week of the IACIS Orlando Conference, Monday and Tuesday. Allowing for students to combine both courses into a full week.***
Registration is Now Open!(Limited to 20 Students)
Week 1: May 1-3, 2019 CANCELLED
Week 2: May 8-10, 2019
Existing IACIS members simply log in with your credentials and go to the products page to purchase and register for the course.
For non-IACIS members, the membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however, to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase.
Apply for membership and purchase the course on the PRODUCTS PAGE.
COST: $500.00 US Dollars
- Cancellation of this class may occur if there are insufficient students registered. In the event of a cancellation, personnel will typically be notified by email within 48 hours of the registration closure date. IACIS is not responsible for any individual expenses incurred as a result of a cancellation. The limit of IACIS financial liability is a full refund of the course fee.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (email@example.com). Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 30 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Week 1 Class:
Wednesday, May 1, 2019: 0700 – 0800
Week 2 Class:
Wednesday, May 8, 2019: 0700 – 0800
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class promptly the first day.
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks).The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
The 2019 course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel has much more conference space than our previous hotel. Additionally, it’s closer to the Orlando International Airport, has a much larger pool, spacious workout facility and is very close to Disney World and Universal Studios.
You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.
Rates are valid for the following dates: 4/19/19 thru 5/16/19
Caribe Royale Hotel is offering a special group rate of $121/night(US Government Rate)
Last day to book at the special group rate: 4/19/19