The IACIS Preparing for Lab Accreditation (PLA) is a 36-hour course of instruction. This course is designed for examiners, supervisors, managers, and executives that have the responsibility to develop and implement policies and procedures within a digital forensic unit or laboratory in their efforts to obtain accreditation.
This course of instruction is designed to provide guidance on how any digital evidence lab can earn accreditation by understanding and implementing the accreditation requirements. Topics include an overview of the accreditation schema and benefits of achieving accreditation, how to implement a Quality Management System that is in compliance with ISO 17025/17020, developing laboratory SOPs and other related documentation, and understanding Validation\Verification for equipment, methods and software as it relates to digital evidence.
I. Understanding accreditation Certification vs. Accreditation
- Certification vs. Accreditation
- Benefits of accreditation
- What standards must be met to earn accreditation
II. Understanding ISO 17025/17020
- Uniqueness of Digital Evidence
III. Accredited Bodies
- Supplement Requirements
IV. Quality Management System
- How all the pieces fit together
- Policies and Procedures
- International Standards
- Supplemental Requirements of Accreditation Bodies
- Quality Manual Development
- Technical Manual (i.e., SOPs defining Technical Methods)
- Operations Manual (e.g., evidence management/equipment management)
- Training Manual
- People (Training, mentoring, and establishing technical competency)
- Training Programs
- Facility Design and Security
- Forensic Hardware and Software
- Performance measures
- Internal Audits and Corrective Action
- Training Evaluation
- Outcomes of proficiency testing
- Customer feedback
- Policies and Procedures
V. Small Lab Challenges
- Peer Review
- Job Responsibilities
- Laboratory Methods
PLA – May 8th -12th 2017 – Registration is closed (Limited to 40 students)
Existing IACIS members simply log in with your credentials and go to the products page to purchase and register for the course.
For non-IACIS members, the membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase.
Apply for membership and purchase the course on the PRODUCTS PAGE.
• Tuition is $500.00
There are no formal computer forensics credentials required for entry into the PLA program, however, the program is designed for those that are responsible for developing and implementing digital evidence standards within the laboratory.
LOCATION: This course is taught at the Orlando Mariott Hotel in Lake Mary, Florida (USA). See the link “Book your group rate” at bottom of page.
COURSE SYLLABUS: PLA Description and Syllabus 2017
COURSE COMPETENCIES: PLA Competencies
COURSE NOTES: Please read the following notes regarding this class:
1. Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one-hour lunch break.
2. The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks). The wearing of shorts, flip-flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom.
3. Personal computers are encouraged in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
4. Hotel accommodations and training location: Orlando Marriott Hotel, 1501 International Pkwy., Lake Mary, FL 32751 , (407) 995-1100 : Special rate sold out
Book your group rate for IACIS
Overflow nearby hotels
$91 Traditional Rooms Reservation Link:https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/IACISOverflow2017StandardRooms
$121 Executive Club Access Rooms Reservation Link:https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/IACISOverflow2017ClubAccessRooms
IACIS / International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists
Start date: 4/28/17
End date: 5/14/17
Last day to book: 4/7/17
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
Courtyard Orlando Lake Mary/North for 91.00 USD per night
Book your group rate for IACIS / International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists
Group Name: IACIS
Group Code: IAC
Hotel Name: Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary
Hotel Address: 755 Currency Circle
Lake Mary, Florida
Phone Number: 407-805-9111