SUMURI’s Macintosh Forensic Survival Course (MFSC) was designed to provide vendor neutral training that covers the process of examining a Macintosh computer from the first step to the last step in logical order. The course was designed for both the beginner Mac examiner as well as the advanced. No sales pitch, just Mac forensics! The knowledge you gain from our training can be applied to any forensic tool on any platform.
SUMURI’s MFSC 101- Best Practices In Mac Forensics shows you how and why you are missing evidence using Windows OS and Windows-based forensic tools. Surprising to most is that the entire course is taught using a Mac to examine a Mac without the use of expensive automated forensic tools. Even more surprising is that the participants realize that they can find more evidence and find it faster! Additionally, this course was designed with the understanding that many agencies are dealing with limited budgets.
- Apple Hardware and Tech
- Introduction to the macOS and the Desktop
- Understanding CoreStorage, Fusion, FileVault and APFS
- Imaging Mac RAM
- Understanding the Mac File System
- Mac Security Issues and Encryption
- Password Recovery
- Building a Mac Forensic Workstation
- Macintosh Search and Seizure
- Safely Obtaining System Information
- Firmware Passwords
- Volatile Data Collection
- Manual and Automated Imaging and Acquisition
- Verifying and Safely Mounting Forensic Images
- Indexing Forensic Images
- Search Techniques Using macOS
- Locating Evidence (Email, Graphics, Internet Artifacts, Documents, System Artifacts, Instant Messaging, logs and more)
- Recovering Deleted Files
- Examining SQLite Databases and PLIST files
- Using macOS for Forensics
- Review of Recommended Applications
- Review of Automated Forensic Tools
- Recommended Macintosh Hardware Requirements for Forensics
- and much more!
PREREQUISITE: Membership Required. A basic understanding of Macs and Mac Forensics would be helpful, but is not required.
WHEN: April/May 2018, two separate, one-week classes.
MFSC – Week 1: April 23rd – April 27th, 2018 SOLD OUT! (Limited to 20 Students)
MFSC – Week 2: April 30th – May 4th, 2018 SOLD OUT! (Limited to 20 Students)
Existing IACIS members simply log in with your credentials and go to the products page to purchase and register for the course.
For non-IACIS members, the membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase.
Apply for membership and purchase the course on the PRODUCTS PAGE.
COST: $1,495 US Dollars
- Cancellation of this class may occur if there are insufficient students registered. In the event of a cancellation, personnel will typically be notified by e-mail within 48 hours of the registration closure date. IACIS is not responsible for any individual expenses incurred as a result of a cancellation. The limit of IACIS financial liability is a full refund of the course fee.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (firstname.lastname@example.org). Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 30 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
LOCATION: The 2018 course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel has much more conference space than our previous hotel. Additionally, it’s closer to the Orlando International Airport, has a much larger pool, spacious workout facility and is very close to Disney World and Universal Studios. Registration is now open! Please visit the “Book your Room” link at the bottom of the page.
COURSE NOTES: Please read the following notes regarding this class:
Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one hour lunch break. Classes will end at 5:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks). The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.
Rates are valid for the following dates:
4/21/18 thru 5/6/18
Caribe Royale is offering a special group rate of $121/night (US Government Rate)
Last day to book at the special group rate: 4/1/18