IACIS started down the path of an incident response class about 7-8 years ago. We developed the Network Forensic Analysis (NFA) class and taught it for several years. It was a one week class that focused on the network level investigation, primarily covering a variety of logs and how to analyze them. We quickly concluded that we were still missing out on a lot of endpoint information, so we expanded it to two weeks. This became the Cyber Incident Forensic Response (CIFR) class, which teaches investigation concepts for both the network and endpoint levels. While the class doesn’t make a student an expert in all these areas, the level of training is deep and broad enough so the student understands the concepts and processes and can apply them to an investigation, gaining competency the more the skills are used.
Many class attendees fall into one of these categories:
- LE tasked with conducting or supporting intrusion investigations
- LE who have completed all other classes and are still looking for something to grow their skillset
- LE anticipating retiring in the next few years and wanting to develop skills suitable for corporate life
- Corporate IT security
- Corporate IT admins
Course Syllabus: CIFR Syllabus
COST: $2,795 US Dollars
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks).The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
If IACIS is unable to hold their 2021 Orlando training event, then all students who have registered and paid, will have the option of a full refund or a reserved seat at the 2022 training event. IACIS is not responsible for any outside expenses (e.g. travel and accommodation) in the event of the training event being cancelled. Anyone who paid for training will receive complementary membership through the year that their training takes place.