IACIS started down the path of an incident response class about 7-8 years ago. We developed the Network Forensic Analysis (NFA) class and taught it for several years. It was a one week class that focused on the network level investigation, primarily covering a variety of logs and how to analyze them. We quickly concluded that we were still missing out on a lot of endpoint information, so we expanded it to two weeks. This became the Cyber Incident Forensic Response (CIFR) class, which teaches investigation concepts for both the network and endpoint levels. While the class doesn’t make a student an expert in all these areas, the level of training is deep and broad enough so the student understands the concepts and processes and can apply them to an investigation, gaining competency the more the skills are used.
Many class attendees fall into one of these categories:
- LE tasked with conducting or supporting intrusion investigations
- LE who have completed all other classes and are still looking for something to grow their skillset
- LE anticipating retiring in the next few years and wanting to develop skills suitable for corporate life
- Corporate IT security
- Corporate IT admins
Course Syllabus: CIFR Syllabus
WHEN: April 25 – May 6, 2022
COST: $2,995 US Dollars
Existing IACIS members simply log in with your credentials and go to the Products page to purchase and register for the course.
For non-IACIS members, the membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however, to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase. Purchase training course HERE.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (email@example.com)
Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 31 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Sunday, April 24, 2022 : 1800 – 2100
Monday, April 25, 2022: 0700 – 0800
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class promptly the first day.
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks).The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
The course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel is 16 miles from the Orlando International Airport, it has a large pool, spacious workout facility and is close to Disney World and Universal Studios.
Book via the Caribe Royale Hotel site here.
Or book via phone by calling the following numbers:
Reservations Toll Free: 1-800-823-8300/1-888-258-7501 or our local number 407-238-8000.
Availability to book your stay is from now until 4/16/2022 or until hotel is sold out.
Dates of stay the rates are good for now until 5/12/2022 or until hotel is sold out.
If IACIS is unable to hold their 2022 Orlando training event, then all students who have registered and paid, will have the option of a full refund or a reserved seat at the 2023 training event. IACIS is not responsible for any outside expenses (e.g. travel and accommodation) in the event of the training event being cancelled. Anyone who paid for training will receive complimentary membership through the year that his/her training takes place.