The position of a digital forensic investigator is a hard and responsible job. Large amounts of evidence and data that need to be examined and processed require a lot of time and resources which can be challenging, especially if the lab doesn’t have all necessary equipment. If you are a digital forensics examiner, investigator, cyber security specialist, or analyst at heart that understands only the basics of programming and want to take it to the next level, this is the course for you. You will be able to use, build and develop scripts to elevate your extraction and analysis capabilities, and to solve some common, as well as challenging forensic related problems. The fundamentals of this class are hands on with scripting/automating digital forensic problems. Scripts used in this class cover different fields of Digital Forensics such as computer, mobile, network, OSINT and general forensic analysis. After finishing this course, you will also be able to integrate batch, power shell and Python scripts with your everyday tasks and duties, and not only become more efficient, but be able to solve more demanding problems that were out of your reach. The knowledge gained on this course will accelerate the analysis process because you will not have to do a manual search, just simply run the script and see the results.
- Understand simple programming algorithms and create programs using metalanguage
- Create algorithms of simple processes in digital forensics
- Learn basics of batch and shell scripting
- Use Python IDE, and digital forensics libraries related to forensics
- Understand and work with basic data types and structures within Python programming language
- Write functions for solving digital forensic issues and know how to accept values through parameters
- Understand and modify existing programs for digital forensic analysis according to your needs
- Learn how to combine different scripts and make connections between python modules
- Understand and apply good coding practices in digital forensic and defensive programming
- Write and use programs that automate common tasks during forensic examinations which can help the investigator by making retrieval of evidence faster and reducing the amount of undiscovered evidence
Course Syllabus: Scripting Syllabus
Registration is Now Open!(Limited to 20 Students)
WHEN: April 29 – May 3, 2019
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Sunday, April 28, 2019 : 1800 – 2100
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class
promptly the first day.
No previous programming knowledge or skills are required and it is appropriate that participants have no such knowledge or experience. The only requisite for taking this class is very good experience in conducting digital forensic investigations and understanding the background of digital forensic analysis tools.
Classroom laptops will be provided by IACIS for the duration of the course.
Existing IACIS members simply log in with your credentials and go to the products page to purchase and register for the course.
For non-IACIS members, the membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however, to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase.
Apply for membership and purchase the course on the PRODUCTS PAGE.
COST: $1,495 US Dollars
- Cancellation of this class may occur if there are insufficient students registered. In the event of a cancellation, personnel will typically be notified by email within 48 hours of the registration closure date. IACIS is not responsible for any individual expenses incurred as a result of a cancellation. The limit of IACIS financial liability is a full refund of the course fee.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 31 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks).The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
The 2019 course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel has much more conference space than our previous hotel. Additionally, it’s closer to the Orlando International Airport, has a much larger pool, spacious workout facility and is very close to Disney World and Universal Studios.
You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.
Rates are valid for the following dates: 4/19/19 thru 5/16/19
Caribe Royale Hotel is offering a special group rate of $121/night(US Government Rate)
Last day to book at the special group rate: 4/19/19