The IACIS Managing a Digital Forensics Laboratory (MDFL) Training Program is a 16-hour course of instruction designed to provide supervisors, managers and executives with the best practices in digital forensics laboratory operation.
The course is designed for supervisors or managers that have the responsibility to supervise a digital forensics unit or laboratory. Topics include training and certification of examiners, case and evidence management, and development of policies and procedures. The pros and cons of accreditation from organizations such as the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD) and compliance with standards such as ISO 17025 will be discussed.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- What is Digital Forensics?
- Types of digital forensics exams.
- Conducting examinations of digital evidence.
- Training and certification of examiners
- Case and evidence management
- Development of laboratory policies and procedures
- Funding a digital forensic lab
- Competency and proficiency testing
- Peer Review
- Equipment validation and verification
- Pros and cons of lab accreditation from organizations such as the American Society of Crime Lab Directors (ASCLD) and compliance with standards, such as ISO 17025, will be discussed.
WHEN: April 25-26, 2024
COST: $250.00 US Dollars
Existing IACIS members: Log in with your credentials and go to the Products page to purchase and register for the course.
Non-IACIS members: Membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however, to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase. Purchase training course HERE.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (email@example.com)
Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 31 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Wednesday, April 24, 2024: 1800 – 2100
Thursday, April 25, 2024: 0700 – 0800
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class promptly the first day.
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one-hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks). The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
You can find information about hotel booking HERE
If IACIS is unable to hold their 2024 Orlando training event, then all students who have registered and paid, will have the option of a full refund or a reserved seat at the 2025 training event. IACIS is not responsible for any outside expenses (e.g. travel and accommodation) in the event of the training event being cancelled. Anyone who paid for training will receive complimentary membership through the year that his/her training takes place.