The IACIS Managing a Digital Forensics Laboratory (MDFL) Training Program is a 16-hour course of instruction designed to provide supervisors, managers and executives with the best practices in digital forensics laboratory operation.
The course is designed for supervisors or managers that have the responsibility to supervise a digital forensics unit or laboratory. Topics include training and certification of examiners, case and evidence management, and development of policies and procedures. The pros and cons of accreditation from organizations such as the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD) and compliance with standards such as ISO 17025 will be discussed.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- What is Digital Forensics?
- Types of digital forensics exams.
- Conducting examinations of digital evidence.
- Training and certification of examiners
- Case and evidence management
- Development of laboratory policies and procedures
- Funding a digital forensic lab
- Competency and proficiency testing
- Peer Review
- Equipment validation and verification
- Pros and cons of lab accreditation from organizations such as the American Society of Crime Lab Directors (ASCLD) and compliance with standards, such as ISO 17025, will be discussed.
***By request, we now offer the two-day MDFL course once each week of the IACIS Orlando Conference, Monday and Tuesday. Additionally, for those taking this course, the Preparing for Lab Accreditation Course (PLA)is now also offered twice as well, Wednesday through Friday of each week, allowing for students to combine both courses into a full week.***
Registration is Now Open!(Limited to 20 Students)
Week 1: April 29-30, 2019 or
Week 2: May 6-7, 2019
Existing IACIS members simply log in with your credentials and go to the products page to purchase and register for the course.
For non-IACIS members, the membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however, to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase.
Apply for membership and purchase the course on the PRODUCTS PAGE.
COST: $50 US Dollars
- Cancellation of this class may occur if there are insufficient students registered. In the event of a cancellation, personnel will typically be notified by email within 48 hours of the registration closure date. IACIS is not responsible for any individual expenses incurred as a result of a cancellation. The limit of IACIS financial liability is a full refund of the course fee.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (email@example.com). There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Week 1 Class:
Sunday, April 28, 2019 : 1800 – 2100
Monday, April 29, 2019: 0700 – 0800
Week 2 Class:
Sunday, May 5, 2019 : 1800 – 2100
Monday, May 6, 2019: 0700 – 0800
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class promptly the first day.
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks).The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
The 2019 course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel has much more conference space than our previous hotel. Additionally, it’s closer to the Orlando International Airport, has a much larger pool, spacious workout facility and is very close to Disney World and Universal Studios.
You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.
Rates are valid for the following dates: 4/19/19 thru 5/16/19
Caribe Royale Hotel is offering a special group rate of $121/night(US Government Rate)
Last day to book at the special group rate: 4/19/19