The IACIS WFE Training Program is a 36-hour course of instruction, offered over five (5) consecutive days. The program is designed to provide students with detailed study of the Windows operating system and to prepare students to enter the IACIS Certified Advanced Windows Forensic Examiner (CAWFE) process.
Attendance at WFE entitles each member to one attempt at the CAWFE Certification process. The attempt must be completed within twelve months of attendance at WFE.
Through a variety of lectures, instructor-led and independent hands-on practical exercises, and independent laboratory activities, students will study the Windows operating system in far greater detail, and with far more specificity regarding critical areas of forensic focus, than what can be accomplished in the more generalized, overview perspective of the BCFE Training Program.
- Windows 10 Installation and OS Defaults – default installation process, default folder structure, Windows boot process, folder virtualization, and default settings.
- Windows Virtualization Features – forensic implications
- Windows Registry – limitations of live registry examination and ways to bypass permission restrictions, recovery of registry data in unallocated space, registry virtualization, extraction of keys, restore points and volume shadow copy services as they relate to the registry, and use of the Windows registry to resolve unfamiliar file types.
- Windows Artifacts – Locations of common Windows artifacts, longevity of various Windows artifacts controlled by Windows Registry, internal format of jump lists, sticky notes, prefetch/ superfetch, thumbcaches, libraries, recycle bin, system backup, Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Volume Shadow Service, Windows Bitlocker FVE, events logs, and recovery of Windows artifacts from unallocated space.
PREREQUISITE: Membership Required. Basic Computer Forensic Examiner [BCFE] course AND completion of the Certified Forensic Computer Examiner [CFCE] certification are highly recommended but not required.
WFE –Week 1: April 23rd – April 27th, 2018 SOLD OUT!
WFE- Week 2: April 30th – May 4th, 2018 SOLD OUT!
Existing IACIS members simply log in with your credentials and go to the products page to purchase and register for the course.
For non-IACIS members, the membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase.
Apply for membership and purchase the course on the PRODUCTS PAGE.
COST: $1,495 US Dollars
- Cancellation of this class may occur if there are insufficient students registered. In the event of a cancellation, personnel will typically be notified by e-mail within 48 hours of the registration closure date. IACIS is not responsible for any individual expenses incurred as a result of a cancellation. The limit of IACIS financial liability is a full refund of the course fee.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (email@example.com). Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 30 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
LOCATION: The 2018 course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel has much more conference space than our previous hotel. Additionally, it’s closer to the Orlando International Airport, has a much larger pool, spacious workout facility and is very close to Disney World and Universal Studios. Registration is now open! Please visit the “Book your Room” link at the bottom of the page.
COURSE SYLLABUS: WFE Syllabus
COURSE COMPETENCIES: WFE Competency 2014
COURSE NOTES: Please read the following notes regarding this class:
Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one hour lunch break. Classes will end at 5:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks). The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.
Rates are valid for the following dates:
4/21/18 thru 5/6/18
Caribe Royale is offering a special group rate of $121/night (US Government Rate)
Last day to book at the special group rate: 4/1/18