This 36 hour advanced level course will equip you with the practical skills and competencies required to identify and extract various sources of data recoverable from Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), also known as Drones, including their associated control devices in line with approved best practices.
Using leading research and development from Spyder Forensics, this course will introduce you to the world of UAV’s and instruct you how to fly a Drone followed by best practices in conducting forensically sound extractions and analysis of UAS data for use as evidence or intelligence gathering. Attendees will learn how to collect data from within the aircraft using non-destructive processes utilizing industry-standard tools to create forensic collections of storage media that include flight logs, aircraft data, photo, and video files without the need to disassemble the aircraft or controller. Students will then learn procedures in the acquisition of application data found on the mobile device.
Once data has been acquired, attendees will master how to analyze the flight logs and user data using software originally designed to work with these types of structures, gaining knowledge on workflows to connect data between the drone application and the flight data recovered from the aircraft.
This course uses non-destructive processes to extract and analyze the data from all hardware in the UAS including the handheld device, mobile application, and drone. All software used in class can be used in the DFIR lab free of charge and without the need to purchase additional applications to conduct a Drone examination.
Course Description and more details can be found HERE
PREREQUISITE: Basic Computer Forensic Examiner [BCFE] course AND completion of the Certified Forensic Computer Examiner [CFCE] certification are highly recommended, but not required.
WHEN: April 27 – May 1, 2020
Existing IACIS members simply log in with your credentials and go to the products page to purchase and register for the course.
For non-IACIS members, the membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however, to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase.
Apply for membership and purchase the course on the PRODUCTS PAGE.
COST: $1,495 US Dollars
EQUIPMENT: (students receive):
You will receive a student manual, lab exercises, and software for UAV analysis.
Students will have the ability to learn how to fly a UAV and collect data from the handset and aircraft.
- Cancellation of this class may occur if there are insufficient students registered. In the event of a cancellation, personnel will typically be notified by email within 48 hours of the registration closure date. IACIS is not responsible for any individual expenses incurred as a result of a cancellation. The limit of IACIS financial liability is a full refund of the course fee.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (firstname.lastname@example.org). Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 30 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Sunday, April 26, 2020 : 1800 – 2100
Monday, April 27, 2020: 0700 – 0800
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class promptly the first day.
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks).The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
The 2020 course will be taught at the Caribe Royale Hotel, 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 (USA). This hotel is close to the Orlando International Airport, has a large pool, spacious workout facility and is very close to Disney World and Universal Studios.
BOOK HERE or via phone by calling the following numbers:
Reservations Toll Free: 1-800-823-8300 or our local number 407-238-8000.
Rates are good for 4/17 – 5/9/2020 while room supplies last