This is a Spyder Forensics class. The content of this unique course not offered anywhere else. The course material is supported by real world examples and incidents. This is not a general lecture course. This course will provide the student with the understanding of how to accomplish effective investigation of Darknet sites and users. The course will allow Law enforcement to step up their investigative skills to meet the new challenges offered by the anonymity of the Darknet.
The course will be a presentation and demonstration of the techniques. Students are encouraged to follow along during the course on the own laptop or computing devices. The course is strictly restricted to Government and police as it contains new and innovative methodology and techniques.
STRICTLY Law enforcement, Government, Armed forces and Police ONLY
This course is designed for government and police investigators, to understand where to start their Darknet investigations and how to operate in this new environment. Investigators engaged in online investigations of any kind and those using open source (OSINT) analytics, will benefit greatly from this course. Crime analysts, National security investigators, crimes against children investigators, drug investigators will especially benefit. This is an advanced level course presented from an investigators point of view. Those with a non-technical background will also benefit from the material presented. This is not a general lecture course and is for experienced investigators to learn advanced topics.
Throughout the week long course topics will include:
- The Darknet/Dark Web, what it is and what it is not
- To Tor or not to Tor
- Technology and techniques to locate a suspect on the Darknet
- Cryptocurrency and its use in the Darknet
- Going Undercover on the Darknet
- Exploring the other Darknets
- Meta data use on the Internet in Images and documents
- Darkweb legend building
WHEN: April 29 – May 3, 2024
COST: $2,495.00 US Dollars
No additional equipment is provided in this class
Existing IACIS members: Log in with your credentials and go to the Products page to purchase and register for the course.
Non-IACIS members: Membership fee is waived with the purchase of the training course; however, to register for the course you must complete a membership application at the time of purchase. Purchase training course HERE.
****Payment MUST BE RECEIVED at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Any payment arrangements other than payment through the website or payment via invoice must be approved by the IACIS Treasurer prior to admittance into the course. Please contact the treasurer for questions and approval (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cancellations within 45 days from the start of class to 31 days from the start of class will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within 30 days from the start of class.****
* On-Site Check-in Times (student pickup of equipment, ID card, IACIS info) are:
Sunday, April 28 2024: 1800 – 2100
Monday, April 29, 2024: 0700 – 0800
* Please make arrangements to arrive in time to check-in so that you may be in class promptly the first day.
Please read the following notes regarding this class:
- Classes begin at 8:00 AM ET and conclude at 5:00 PM ET, each day, with a one-hour lunch break. Classes will end at 4:00 PM ET on the last day of class. Please do not arrange for departing flights prior to 7:00 PM ET to allow time for travel to the airport and any security clearances.
- The dress code for the conference is business casual (collared shirts and slacks). The wearing of shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. is not allowed in the classroom. Personal computers are not permitted in the classroom. Students are required to attend all classes to successfully complete the program. Students who fail to meet the attendance requirements will not be issued a certificate at the conclusion of the program.
You can find information about hotel booking HERE
If IACIS is unable to hold their 2024 Orlando training event, then all students who have registered and paid, will have the option of a full refund or a reserved seat at the 2025 training event. IACIS is not responsible for any outside expenses (e.g. travel and accommodation) in the event of the training event being cancelled. Anyone who paid for training will receive complimentary membership through the year that his/her training takes place.